The Netwatch Culture
At Netwatch we value our company’s culture of teamwork, accountability and respect for one another. We strive to maintain these values, not only to find and keep the best employees, but because we know our staff play crucial role in our competitive advantage. A happy employee is a productive employee!
Netwatch endeavours to maintain an open door policy for all employees. From Department managers to the CEO, they are all accessible to each employee This has been one of the foundations for effective communication at Netwatch from the beginning. However, as the organisation grows internationally Netwatch is faced with increased communication challenges for many of our employees; particularly those in the U.K. and U.S. The Netwatch Communications day plays a pivotal role in this regard, to foster a rapport and culture between employees within the company worldwide.
The Netwatch Communications Day
The Annual Netwatch Communications Day is one of the most important culture based initiatives within the company calendar. By providing companywide updates from senior management, employees gain a high level of clarity about how the company is progressing, what each department is doing, and why they are doing it. This greatly improves transparency, opens communication channels throughout the company, which in turn fosters a better understanding of the mission and decisions the company faces every day.
Aims for the Netwatch Communications day:
- Engage with employees in team building activities. This gives the opportunity for employees to meet and socialise with departments they generally don’t encounter in day to day business. This year our team building exercise centred around what employees could do for their department to help the company reach our vision for the coming year. We also brought in a singing company to encourage teamwork whilst instilling a sense of community within a workplace choir.
- Share department project and focus. Heads of departments will explain the projects they are working on and the predicted outcome.
- Company announcements from our CEO. This year CEO David Walsh announced the news of €19.5m in funding and the focus of our expansion.
- Announce new and promoted employees A reel of images and names of all new joiners to the company, along with employees who had achieved promotion during the year. This highlights the growth and opportunities within Netwatch.
- Communications day social activity. We arrange for a barbeque to conclude our Communications day, giving employees the opportunity to socialise with their colleagues.
What’s in it for the Employee?
Many issues occurring in the workplace can be resolved through better communications. We rely heavily on email, phone, and video conferencing for the majority of our communication and often little time is spent speaking face to face.
Building employee rapport relies on effective communication skills to help create a bond that fosters a healthy, trusting and profitable business relationship. We often get frustrated with co-workers and departments, forgetting there is a human on the other end of the line also just trying to do their job. Meeting a co-worker face to face gives colleagues the chance to build a link and understanding that every employee in Netwatch is working to push the company forward.
What’s in it for the business?
Attracting and retaining the best staff is crucial for maintaining staff morale and productivity within an organisation. Committed employees, who understand the collective objectives of the company work towards organisational goals, not just on personal goals. This helps limit the ‘it’s not my job’ aspect, which can plague department productivity and morale.
Netwatch provide a premium product and our company prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service. Attracting and retaining the best staff is critical in delivering a high standard of service and maintaining a competitive advantage in our sector of the market.
- A robust company-wide communication policy is crucial for fostering a good working culture within an organisation.
- The Netwatch Communications day will play an integral role in the coming years given the rapid rate at which the company is growing in the U.K. and U.S.
- Building employee rapport relies on effective communication skills to help create a bond that fosters a healthy, trusting and profitable business relationship.
For more information on the Netwatch lifestyle visit our careers page.